Thursday, January 18, 2018

Decision made

After lots of research over the past few weeks on the other types of Creation stories i settled on two more (Chinese Pan Ku) which i drew a small layout for. But I also found another which was very interesting but quite longwinded . It was Ethiopian based on god like beings Orishas and Obatala the the Orisha who created the earth and people out of clay. I started  to try and condense it, to put it into a rough storyboard, but it became too as it was a very long detailed story. It didn't seem to be following the path i wanted to go down. So I have chosen to stick with one of the first stories I came across of the Maori creation story of father sky and mother earth, as this fits better within my brief.


I will begin the next few weeks researching the environment and other aspects of New Zealand both the North and South Island. Making visual notes drawings, sketches etc of what i find.


No comments:

Post a Comment